Have you ever experienced the feeling of being caught up with your work and you can’t even find the time to be with your elderly parents and attend to their needs? This situation can be particularly stressful for you because you’ll be bugged worrying about the welfare of your parents who are left at home; hence, affecting your productivity while at work. So, if you intend to manage your parents’ care, you need to understand how to go about hiring an awesome home care aide for them.
Hiring someone to care for your parents is not easy as it looks. In fact, it is an awkward moment for your parents to have a ‘stranger’ assist them and take care of their needs. You’ll surely encounter the phase where your parents are going to be hesitant about having a home care aide do things for them. The problem is not only confined in your parent’s preference about having someone to take care of them, another thing that you’ll have to worry about is finding a trustworthy home health aide. You’ll wish a miracle will dawn on you in this case. However, let these tips from Peachtacular Home Health Care help you find the perfect home care aide for your loved ones:
- Know what you need.Different health care agencies offer a wide array of services that can be rendered to your home. It is imperative to assess what your loved one’s needs are at home. This can range from as simple as housekeeping to as complex as skilled nursing services.
- Ask from friends. Your friends would most likely recommend health care aide and agencies that they had good working relationships with. If your friends are satisfied with the services rendered, they’d definitely recommend it to you.
- Search online.The internet is the best place to conveniently make a short list of the home health agencies that you should consider.
- Be privy about the recruitment process. When you have finally made a list of the agencies you wish to get services from, you must check how the recruitment process is done by the agency. This is to ascertain the trustworthiness of the health care aide who will be assigned to you later on.
- Inquire about training.It’s okay to ask about what training and certifications the caregiver assigned to you has earned. They should at least carry CPR and Basic Life Support Training, as well as First Aid Certification. Most providers of Home Health Care in Metro Vancouver require their care staff to undergo safety trainings.
- Check supervisory mechanism of the agency.The reason why you asked home health aid is because you are not always at home to provide it to your loved ones. Thus, ask the agency if they have supervisory oversight of their staff.
- Meet your caregivers first.Not only should you be particular about the qualifications of your home health aide as seen on paper, but you need to understand how compatible they are with your loved ones.
- Talk about the billing.Be sure to check if the kind of service you ask for from the agency is covered by your insurance. For services that are not covered, ask about the cost so you won’t be surprised about the unexpected charges.
- See care plan.If you hire someone to care for your loved one, you want to be assured that they can address the needs for which they have been hired for. The care plan is an essential factor that could track the progress of the services that’s rendered. Use of care plan is usually done in most Private Affordable Home Health Care companies.
- Trust your instincts.Even if everything that’s laid out on the resume is sterling, if you’re feeling something weird about the home health aide that you plan to hire, they might not be the right choice for your senior parent. Follow your instincts; wherein you feel comfortable entrusting your loved ones to the professional.
Looking for a home health aide who can assist your loved ones at home while you are away is not an easy process. You must have the idea in selecting who can be the best person to attend to your loved one’s need. Don’t feel intimidated in choosing the right person for your senior parent so you can make the right choice.