Countries around the world are threatened by COVID-19, an infectious disease caused by a new virus that previously had not been identified in humans. Because this pandemic is particularly dangerous among seniors and individuals with chronic illness, people have strongly been urged by healthcare professionals and providers of senior home care in Vancouver to remain at home and go out only when necessary to prevent the spread of the disease.
As a provider of home health care in Vancouver, BC, we are here to help your seniors stay safe during this difficult period. The following are some tips that can help them fight against Coronavirus:
- Stay at home as much as possible, especially when sick.
- Avoid close contact with sick individuals.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces that are regularly used. A typical cleaning wipe or spray would suffice.
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are unavailable, an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol can be an alternative.
- Ensure that your seniors have access to enough medications and supplies in case they will be staying at home for a few weeks or more.
Home care services in Vancouver can greatly benefit your senior loved ones, especially during the COVID-19 outbreak. Our team at Peachtacular Home Health Care will see to it that they receive the care and support they need to stay healthy and safe.
Please get in touch with us today for more information about our Vancouver home care services.